During the month of October 2014, we carried out the geotechnical and geophysical research campaign for the project of a solar photovoltaic plant in Kenya. The following activities have been developed:
- Tests for penetration of variable energy of type Panda2.
- Survey of stratigraphic columns and extraction of samples by test pits.
- Electrical tomography profiles to obtain resistivity measurements for ground connections.
- In situ shear strength tests by Vane Test shear.
- Ground corrosivity tests against galvanized steel, according to the ANSI / AWWA C-105 and DVGW GW9 classifications.
- Characterization of the detected geothermal levels and zoning of the study area based on their thicknesses.
- Checks of the E.L.U. and E.L.S. for the different foundation solutions for each zone under study.